Quick Microwave Hollandaise Sauce
This is a super quick and easy way to make hollandaise sauce. And don’t forget to check out our pavlova and meringue recipes so you can use the left over egg whites!
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 Springfield egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- Separate the yolks from the whites and place in a cup. Keep the whites to use for another recipe.
- Add the lemon juice and cayenne pepper to the yolks and mix together.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe mug or jug. (Usually 30-40 seconds).
- Pour the melted butter onto the egg mixture and stir vigorously.
- Place the hollandaise sauce into the microwave for 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each 10 seconds, for up to 30-40 seconds.
- If the mixture splits, quickly add a splash of boiling water.